The Federal Government's Drought Assistance (Round Two) distributed by Vinnies
Vinnies is again supporting our farmers and farming communities who are experiencing the full force of the current drought, by delivering the Federal Government’s Drought Community Support Initiative (DCSI) to communities in South Australia. In late December 2019 the Federal Government announced an additional $15m to assist drought affected families.
Those in the farming community living within your LGA may be eligible for the DCSI funding and entitled to up $3000 as a direct confidential payment.
Please note – all eligible farmers, farm workers and local supplier/contractors to farmers in the Yorke Peninsula and Kangaroo Island LGAs who have been impacted by the recent bushfires are strongly encouraged to apply for this Federal Government Drought Grant.
- They must reside or work in one of the Local Government Areas in SA as listed in the table below.
- Their primary income must be derived from farm ownership, or as a farm worker or farm supplier/contractor (farmer supplier/contractor business owner only, employees are not eligible).
- Be experiencing hardship as a result of the drought.
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- One payment only per household is available.
Eligible Local Government Areas:
- Adelaide Plains
- Barunga West
- Berri Barmera
- Clare & Gilbert Valleys
- Copper Coast
- Flinders Ranges
- Franklin Harbor
- Kangaroo Island
- Loxton Waikerie
- Mount Remarkable
- Northern Areas
- Port Pirie City and District
- Renmark Paringa
- Southern Mallee
- Streaky Bay
- The Coorong
- Unincorporated Far North SA
- Yorke Peninsula
We would appreciate you advising farming communities through your council website or other local/social media avenues of the Drought Relief application process details. They are as follows:-
The online application form to be completed is found at https://drought.svdp.org.au
The application form is easy to complete and should take about 10 minutes using a computer, tablet or mobile phone. Applicants will receive a confirmatory email telling them the application has been received and when they can expect payment.
You can also apply online at www.vinnies.org.au/droughthelp
If you require any assistance in completing the form or managing the online application, applicants are invited to phone this number 1300 846 643 or;
Email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you begin your application
- Have your proof of residence ready – you will need to attach/scan a copy of your driver's licence or a utility bill, which clearly shows your name and address;
- The $3,000 component is payable to your nominated bank account by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - so have your bank details ready.
- If you are a farm worker you will need to provide a letter/confirmation from your employer confirming you work in this capacity.
- If you are a farm supplier/contractor you will need to advise the nature of the goods/service you supply.
When will I receive the payment?
The confirmatory email will provide you with the anticipated funding date.
How do I find out more?
Contact the Vinnies Call Centre staff on 1300 846 643 (1300VINNIES). They will be happy to assist you with all of your enquiries.
We here at Vinnies want to make sure every eligible person receives the $3000 cash payment, and ask that you assist in this regard by having the posters and brochures displayed in as many businesses, sporting clubs and the like as possible. Please assist us to ‘get the word out’ so that South Australian farmers receive their well deserved grant.