Positive CEO Performance Review
Since June 2020 the District Council of Orroroo Carrieton CEO Performance Review Committee, with the assistance of consultant independent consultant John Coombe OAM, have been conducting the annual review of the CEO’s performance in accordance with the CEO's Employment Agreement. This entailed the collation of a comprehensive survey undertaken by all elected members, interviews with both administration and field staff as well as discussion with external stakeholders who have an association with both the CEO and Council.
Mayor Kathie Bowman said Council were pleased with the rigorous process of review and the positive findings.
“It is with great pleasure that I announce that our CEO, Dylan Strong, has achieved an overall score which indicates he has exceeded Councillors’ expectations and that he is widely respected by all his staff and those others who have an association with him”.
“On behalf of the Elected Members I congratulate Dylan on an exemplary 12 months where much has been achieved. His expertise and enthusiasm is appreciated by all and we look forward to his continual leadership in our Council and our community”, she said.
The achievements over the past year have been wide ranging & include:
- Processes necessary to achieve the successful funding of the Heavy Vehicle Bypass through Special Local Roads. Stage 1 of this two stage project will take place this financial year.
- Development of a Tourism Master Plan for Orroroo Carrieton & the delivery (or the beginning thereof) of many of the products, events and issues indicated by the plan that are the responsibility of Council.
- Delivery of a new Council Strategic and Community Plan 2020/2030.
- Delivery of the Communities Combatting Pest Weeds for Increased Productivity Project on time & on budget.
- Continuing to progress our desire to open up Crown lands adjoining Orroroo for residential housing and other development.
- Continuing to explore and put in place opportunities to share resources & services with our neighboring Councils and liaising with Legatus in particular driving to fruition the appointment of two Health & Wellbeing counsellors for the northern Councils in the grip of continuing drought.
- Coordination of Council’s application for disaster funding after the floods in January/February destroyed so much of Council’s road network.
“This list is by no means all the accomplishments this past year but the amount of work that sits behind them is considerable”.
“Dylan leads a team of extremely capable people who work with and support him. On behalf of the Councillors, I thank all our staff members for their efforts over the past year and, with such a busy year ahead, to your continued support of our CEO and our community”, Mayor Bowman said.