Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Alert
The District Council of Orroroo Carrieton is mindful of community concerns regarding the Coronavirus (COVID 19) and the impact it is having on our local community.
We would like to assure that the wellbeing of the community is our first priority and that we will continue to monitor and adapt to the rapidly developing and changing situation around the Coronavirus (COVID 19).
Because of the rapidly changing situation we are focussing our primary communication through our website and Facebook page.
Due to the declaration of a Public Health Emergency in South Australia and the Federal Government’s direction to cancel non-essential gatherings the following community events have been cancelled;
- Orroroo Half Marathon – 29 March
- Orroroo Lions Auction - 5 April
- Orroroo Markets – 26 April
- 5k Super Saturday – Postponed until 30 May – Contact Adele Bennett or Fiona Dignan for further information
- NAFA (football) and NANA (netball) postponement of season to 31 May
The most up to date and trusted information and alerts regarding the Coronavirus should be sourced directly from the lead agencies dealing with the Coronavirus –
- SA Health – www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019 – Local updates and information
- Australian Government Department of Health – www.health.gov.au – National updates
If unsure about what to do at any time, call the Coronavirus Information Line on 1800 020 080
More support information, view the Fact Sheet – Support for people affected by COVID-19