Community Assistance Grants 2017
Applications are sought from non-profit organisation, community and sporting groups based in the Council’s Local Government area and/or those principally serving the Council district. An amount of up to $18,000 is available in 2017 for projects.
Please read these guidelines carefully before completing the application form. Applications not meeting the program criteria will not be considered.
Applications received after the advertised closing date will only be considered if sufficient funding remains within the funding pool for the current year.
The District Council of Orroroo Carrieton Community Assistance Grants Program offers support local non-profit community groups and services.
Applications are sought from non-profit organisation, community and sporting groups based in the Council’s Local Government area and/or those principally serving the Council district. A copy of the application form (easy fill PDF format) can be found here: Community Assistance Grants Program 2017(268 kb)
The Grants Program is aimed at providing community groups and organisations with the opportunity to obtain funds for projects which cannot easily be obtained from other sources.
Projects or events must demonstrate how they will positively impact residents of the District Council of Orroroo Carrieton.
An amount of up to $18,000 is available in 2017 for projects.
The following projects may be considered for funding on the basis the project will provide a significant benefit / contribution to the community (this list is not exclusive):
- Local Community Celebrations
- Minor Infrastructure
- Equipment or programs
- Projects that develop community capacity, strength and well-being
The following will not receive funding:
- Commercial undertakings
- Assisting individuals to participate in events
- Projects already commenced or completed by the current rounds closing date
- On-going general running or maintenance expenses (eg repairs and maintenance)
- Fundraising ventures
Applications will only be accepted from incorporated, non-profit community organisations with an established management structure.
Every application will be considered on its merits within the framework of these guidelines.
There is no guarantee of an application receiving funding even though all prescribed criteria are met.
Conditions of Funding
It is a requirement for all applicants to have their financial records and statement checked by a person:
- Who is not a member of that organisation
- Has financial experience acceptable to Council (eg a person with financial qualifications or background)
- Who is approved or qualified in accordance with the Constitution of the respective organisation
- Projects must have a clearly stated purpose and a practical plan for achieving that purpose
- Funding is not recurrent
- Applications for funding must be on an official application form
- The project or event must not be changed without written consent of Council
- Where a project or event runs over budget, Council is not responsible for meeting any shortfall
- All sections of the application form (where applicable) must be completed
- Projects are to be completed within 12 months of Council approval being granted, unless otherwise stipulated in agreements
All successful grant recipients will be required to complete a formal grant acquittal for any funds received under this program.
Within one month after the completion of the project, organisations must submit the following documentation:
- A completed expenditure form signed by an independent and suitably qualified person (as per conditions of funding)
- Copies of receipts/ tax invoices for all purchases
Non-submission of an acquittal statement for the project or event will affect eligibility for future applications with the District Council of Orroroo Carrieton.
F URT H E R INFORMATION
Further information is available by phoning the Council Office on 8658 1260.
Applications close on Friday, 31st March 2017